As is proven time and time again, implementing the best technology doesn't necessarily mean your project will be successful. New technology means organizational change which means to be successful, the people in the organization need to adopt the new solution you are providing.
This session is intended for organizations that are struggling with Office 365 and SharePoint adoption. It will examine the implementation of SharePoint in the cloud and on premises from the perspective of the following topics:
- The importance of adoption to the success of technology projects
- Understanding the organizational barriers that prevent the adoption of new technologies, and how to evaluate the readiness of your organization to adopt cloud-based SharePoint
- The key components of an adoption program
- A SharePoint adoption case study
- Guidance and best practices to help drive the adoption of cloud-based SharePoint in your organization
Nearly 40 percent of todays workforce is remote, but that doesnt mean theyre working separately. Office 365 provides todays market leaders and their employees with the tools they need to collaborate across geographic boundaries. Join us at 1PM ET on Thursday, May 5, as Sag Baruss, Senior Solutions Architect, AvePoint, and Yogesh Manchanda, Cloud Architect, COMPAREX, lead a 60-minute webinar to highlight the benefits of migrating your on-premises workloads to the Microsoft Cloud.?
Learn how your organisation can migrate to a hybrid SharePoint environment gaining access to the best aspects of both cloud and on-premises deployments. Well explain how you can determine what data is cloud-ready and what needs to remain on premises with added security features. Once your data has been assessed and classified, well share insights on how to successfully migrate your content into the cloud.
Migrations involve more than a shift of content from one platform to the next-. You need to understand what type of environment you should deploy, and which path to SharePoint 2016 and Office 365 SharePoint Online is right for you. Learn what you can do now to adapt your business to the next era of SharePoint.
During this webcast, we discussed:
- Top reasons to utilise a hybrid SharePoint deployment for Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Available options for carrying out your migration
- Best practice approaches for your migration based on actual customer scenarios
- How AvePoint Migration Services can help you migrate with ease?
Whether you're the SharePoint admin, architect, Chief Technical Officer, or do-it-all, our experts in migration, architecture, compliance, and administration are covering how SharePoint 2016 is upgrading the way you work. Chat with our expert during a live Q&A and dive into:
- What's new in SharePoint 2016 and what it means for your business
- Lessons learned from SharePoint 2016 IT Preview beta testing
- Customer testimonials from SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2
- SharePoint 2016's new compliance and hybrid support features
- What to consider and how to start your upgrade to SharePoint 2016
Like the toughest games from the golden age of the arcade, your Office 365 migration will come storming at you with unique challenges that rapidly increase in difficulty as you progress to each stage. With obstacles coming at you from every direction, you can count on AvePoints expertise in understanding, moving, and transforming data to teach you about the following Office 365 migration phases:
- Considerations: Understand the benefits and limitations for different deployment options and determine which service is right for you.
- Discover: Understand the customisations, workflows, information architecture, and amount of content your source environment contains to ensure your migration project goals are achievable.
- Assess & Classify: Get a handle on unstructured data in legacy systems and file shares to make more informed decisions regarding what data to keep on premises, what is cloud-ready, and what can be easily removed or archived.
- Plan & Design: Identify the people, processes, and technology required to support your Office 365 migration. Break the migration down into a series of batches or phases to understand the business implications every step of the way.
- Migrate: Utilise industry-leading best practices to help you complete a successful Office 365 migration while ensuring minimal business disruption.
If you work in the IT Department, you need answers to the following questions:
- Who has explicit or inherited permissions to specific shares, folders, and files?
- What files are stale, duplicates, or disproportionately impact capacity and can be deleted or archived?
- Which departments or users are the top storage policy violators?
- Do I have the correct backup and recovery plan in place for critical systems throughout my business?
If you work in the compliance or legal department, you need answers to the following questions:
- What personally identifiable information (PII) , Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) or customer data resides on my file systems and in SharePoint?
- Is this sensitive data fully encrypted and in compliance with regulations?
- Can I be sure the right people have access to the right documents and files across the organisation?
- Can I be sure this sensitive data is encrypted and residing in the right system??
- What content, customisations, and workflows currently reside within your organisational systems?
- Who has explicit or inherited permissions to specific shares, folders, and files?
- What files are stale or duplicated that can be easily removed or archived to reduce storage capacity and backup times?
- What contents has been classified in accordance with the old Government Protective Marking System (GPMS)?
- How can you tag your data and ensure the right people have the right access in accordance with Government Security Classifications (GSC)?
- How can you transition your data classification from UK GPMS to GSC?
Gain peace of mind that you can work with greater efficiency in the cloud while ensuring your information is properly classified with the correct security and permission settings.?
A SharePoint migration whether its from a previous version of the platform or an entirely different legacy system can be a time-consuming project. This is compounded even more when moving significant amounts of data to Office 365 SharePoint Online.
During the webinar, well share:
- Comprehensive analysis of existing content and source environments using AvePoints Migration Discovery Tool
- Customization analysis to help you determine best course of action for legacy solutions
- Roadmap of the recommended migration approach and required technical design for use by the migration project team
- Execution of pilot migration
- Best practices from successfully completed migration projects
Expert speakers from Microsoft and AvePoint explore the present-day challenge of delivering citizen-facing services in the face of austerity measures, cost cutting and changes in citizen expectations.
This session examines the opportunities that have arisen to meet the requirements of the modern digital consumer in order to:
- Reduce costs via 'Digital First' delivery (e.g.: removing paper-based processes).
- Help transform service delivery via improved multi-channel services.
- Facilitate wider citizen engagement, drive productivity and operational efficiency all while reducing costs.
Speakers: Aaron Cross, UK Public Sector Director / Dux Raymond Sy, Chief Technology Officer for Public Sector (AvePoint) / Microsoft representative (TBC).
With the increase in cloud computing and easy-to-use file sharing systems in the workplace, it's become increasingly difficult for IT departments to keep track and maintain a secure environment. When staff needs to access or share data quickly, they no longer need to rely on IT to provide the tools to do so. Why would they go through the red tape of IT procurement, provisioning, testing, and security when they can find a solution themselves in a matter of seconds?
Join John Peluso, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy at AvePoint, as he presents how organisations have decided to call a truce and provide self-service provisioning and management. In this webcast, he will discuss:
- The dangers of having silos of information that IT and the business are unaware of disconnected from the centralized servers and storage of the data center or even approved cloud services
- -How all of this information may be absent from aggregated capacity, secured content, usage, and other reporting at higher levels, which can complicate business decisions
- What an organisation can do to proactively manage any rogue IT by providing self-service to end users